As the only dedicated charity for people from the UK Business Supplies industry, we are here to help you through life’s challenges.
We are the BOSS Business Supplies Charity (BBSC) – formerly known as the BOSS Benevolent Fund – an independent charity governed by the Charity Commission for England and Wales that works in partnership with our honorary patron, the BOSS Federation. We have been supporting the welfare of current and former members of the business supplies industry since 1925. Our role is to give financial support to those in need who work – or who have ever worked – in the UK business supplies industry for at least two years.
If your financial situation has changed and you are struggling financially, you may be eligible for one of our grants.
Depending on your circumstances, the financial support we give can be:
- ‘One off’ grants to help with those unexpected emergency costs.
- Regular help via quarterly grants to ease financial difficulties caused by illness, redundancy and relationship breakdown.
- Future Fund grants to assist those needing financial help to advance their careers in the industry.
Whether you are retired or raising a family, you need help with essential home repairs or a supplement to your income, we are here to help. Everyone’s story is different and we want to hear yours…!
Our vision is to identify, assess and provide financial support to current and former industry colleagues who need our help – until they no longer need it.
Where Our Money Comes From
The money that we give to those who need our help comes from four main sources:
- Investment fund: our fund, which has been built up over many years, provides dividend payments which make up about half of the value of the funds that we give to those we help. Like any wise trustees or investors, we try not to dig too much into this fund capital, because that would be robbing the future to pay for today – and tomorrow’s beneficiaries would not be able to receive the help that they need.
So we also need help from:
- Patrons: we are proud to have a number of patrons who provide annual financial support. To find out more about our Patronage scheme, click here.
- Fundraising: at events such as our annual Charity Day and the BOSS Awards dinner.
- Donations: from industry organisations, businesses and individuals.
Definition of "Business Supplies"
“Business supplies” companies are those that provide the items and services needed to operate an eligible business.
This may include – but is not limited to – stationery, office supplies, consumables, furniture and equipment needed to maintain normal business operations.
This does not include raw materials.
Sign Up To Receive Our Newsletter
Want regular news of what we are doing? Please subscribe to our Quarterly Newsletter here.
We are here to help. We hope we have given you everything you need in a way that can be easily understood, but if you need anything further, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the information below.
c/o BPIF, Hub 26, Hunsworth Lane, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, BD19 4LN