With prices still rising, there are lots of things we can do to help keep costs as low as possible and even earn a little extra money whilst we shop.
Below are a few of our current top tips – and do send us yours to share with our readers:
- Set budgets for daily expenses: it can help to focus the mind on the areas where we may be overspending.
- Have a meal plan for the week/month, make a shopping list and stick to it, so you aren’t tempted to spend on things you don`t need.
- Take a packed lunch to work and use a travel mug. It can save a fortune on visits to the coffee shop.
- Reduce your travel costs by sharing car journeys with colleagues – or join one of the national clubs.
- Check that you’ve got the best deal for your mobile, internet, streaming and TV packages by using price comparison websites. Put a date in your diary a month before your subscriptions are up for renewal so you can check they remain competitive. How much is it really costing and do you really need it?
- See if you are entitled to extra help from the government by checking your eligibility here.
- If you or your partner have worked in other industries that have occupational charities, they may be able to offer you help, too. You can search the Charities Register here – simply type in the industry to find out. Or visit Turn2Us to see what other support you can get.
- Earn money back on your day-to-day spending by using credit cards which reward you with points and cash back on what you spend.
- Look for many more cost saving ideas on the Which website.